Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Naked Walls

It's been 8 months since we made the move from city living to this urban-suburbia. One of my favorite design features of our house has to be the wall space - big, beautiful naked white walls that are begging to be transformed.

Being a maximizer, it's difficult for me to pin down one concept until I find the ultimate one. Here are some that are rattling around my brain:

Frames made from molding, lined with wallpaper. I love how it makes such a powerful statement, yet is limited to the specific space.



(first photo from Apartment Therapy; I'm uncertain about the source of the second)


This second wall decor concept also incorporates wallpaper, but rather than a solid pattern, it's a gorgeous quilt of wallpaper scraps. I sure wish I knew where to access such lovely scraps around here!



(both photos via Apartment Therapy)

No comments:

Post a Comment