Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Mood

I'm in love. I'm in love with this beach house (slideshow via Architectural Digest):



A few years ago I saw the film "Something's Gotta Give", got a good laugh out of the fun story, but mostly I became enamored with the gorgeous interior (and lovely exterior) of Diane Keaton's Hampton's beach house. It truly was one of the principal characters of the movie and the reason why I continue to occasionally re-watch it.

The calm, soothing colors of cream and blue, the spacious and cleaning feeling kitchen (my favorite room in the house), the large, round dining table (my dream to have a dining space that could accommodate it), and balance between traditional elegance and informality make me happy and want to live in place like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment