Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Flowers


This year we hosted two sets of parents and one brother at our house - our first Thanksgiving gig.  I had the fortunate task of preparing a few side dishes and the venue -- only.  No major cooking here!  

I always have grand plans to photograph my tablescapes (my favorite part of entertaining), and yet when the big moment arrives, I'm typically so busy with multi-tasking, that I don't even think of it. In fact, I'm barely dressed with combed hair by the time the guests arrive.

Since I prepared the flowers the day before to escape housecleaning for a few minutes, I did snap a shot or two of this simple arrangement(s), courtesy of the inexpensive floral section at Trader Joes.




Lots of extra stems laying around to insert in random vases and then place in the powder room, serving table, etc.
ps - please note the cool Christmas holiday tray above, a cheap and chic find during a recent trip to IKEA

No comments:

Post a Comment